Friday, May 16, 2008

What I've been up to

April was mostly spent dealing with family issues. I got back to chess by playing in the Marshall Chess Club's Thursday night tournament. It's a nice monthly event--one game per week at a slow time control, members only. Annnnnd... I won!

Sole first prize. I haven't won a tournament outright since I was 13, I think. Along the way I beat two masters and drew a third. I'll put up some of the games soon--no, I promise, this time for sure--but I wanted to boast post about it immediately, since it's been so long since I've blogged.

My last game, last night, was a win against IM Renato Naranja, who I've mentioned before. It's only my third win against an IM, and since Naranja is sort of a legend to me (he held Fischer to a draw at the 1970 Interzonal just before Bobby went on the famous winning streak that lasted through the 6-0 matches against Taimanov and Larsen to the beginning of the match with Petrosian) it was a special thrill.

I'll try to get game scores at least up by the end of the weekend.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?