Monday, October 27, 2008

Running In Place

I have a backlog of bunch of games--my last Thursday night game from two weeks back, and seven games from the just-completed Marshall Chess Club Championship. I'll get to them shortly. Stop snickering, you skeptics.

Before I start posting games, I want to point out something I noticed. My USCF rating after the tournament is 2163. My rating after last year's Championship was 2163.

I've played 48 slow tournament games in the interim. What I haven't done is any studying. In 2006 and 2007, I did a lot of work, and my rating went up 50 points (after crashing down with seemingly no end in sight for the two years prior).

Time to get off my lazy butt and do something about that. OK, since we're talking about studying chess, time to sit on my lazy butt and do something about that. Whatever. You get the idea.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?